Wednesday, October 15, 2008

1 person can Make a Difference

A wise person once said "When Good People Do Nothing Evil Prevails".

As time passes I have learned just how true this has become even in my own backyard.

I can remember going to school saying the Pledge of Allegance along with a prayer.

Today I see how thankful students have become for The National Day of Prayer.

Not too long ago God brought a special lady into my life and although I don't fully understand everything. God has taught me many lessons. I continue to learn lessons from this lady.

Allow me to set the stage

I was given the opportunity to meet this lady with a mere handshake. Months later she started working at the same location as myself. The friendship began to grow. As it grew I learned that she went through abuse on a regular basis. She once asked me could God love her? I must admit that broke my heart. Next I thought how many others have the same question? Yes, God loves you more than you will ever know. Allow me to repeat myself again. God loves you, for who you are ,where you are.

The most important lesson I learned is getting a person to safety is easy. The only thing that stands in the way of a person's safety is the individual and their mindset. When she told me that people knew she was a victim of abuse. The same people chose to remain quiet. It came as no surprise. This happens more than 1 might think. I don't think that I will ever understand how someone can remain silent.

Were there people who turned her away you bet. It only takes 1 person to say yes. It's as easy as 1-2-3 and the person is safe. What I run into next was people telling me you made us look bad. I went to Church the following Sunday as usual. When the Pastor's Wife asked me how my weekend was ? After I filled her in she calmly said "Oh, so you had a little drama ." The Pastor's Wife didn't hesitate but to help. But she is always reacing out her hand to people.

It really is easy to get someone to safety. I just couldn't stand, watch, and remain silent.

1 person can make a difference. Jesus did.

Remember you matter to God.

The wise person is wiser than he knows when he said "When Good People Do Nothing Evil Prevails."

Every 3 minutes someone goes through abuse for the first time.

For further information:

http://www.mercyministries.org/

Remember Jesus shed His blood for all. Regardless of a person's actions, language, attitude ect...

Remember 1 person can make a difference. Jesus did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<"http://ygreen.blogspot.com/comments.html">